Super User Overview
The goals and objectives of the program are three-pronged: provide system knowledge, improve Epic adoption, and invest in internal expertise.
More than 700 Super Users were personally identified by his or her manager after careful consideration of the responsibilities within the role.
Super Users will provide “at the elbow” support, meaning they will be present and available to help end users “on the floor” during the first few weeks of Go-Live.
The Super User Role
Super Users are end users with advanced knowledge of system functionality and workflows who will serve as a key resource during go-live preparation. Super Users will assist in a variety of readiness activities, including: training, mentoring, and providing operational support.
- Current CCHC practitioners who have been nominated by their managers
- Liaisons between Epic project team and end users
- Previous Epic experience appreciated, but not required
- Strong belief in the Epic implementation
- Ability to commit to time away from practice as deemed necessary by role
- Ability to support end users in their daily workflows
- Demonstrates technical aptitude and strong interpersonal skills
- Super User Playbook contains comprehensive guidelines on roles, responsibilities, and expectations
- Application Level Training - varies by role
- Note: Super Users will take this training twice
- Art of Being a Super User Training (e-Learnings) will be assigned through HealthStream in the coming weeks with additional communications from the project
- Support at Go-Live
- Additional activities may occur depending on your department. More information to come if applicable
- Determined Super User staffing based on criteria such as total FTE, department scheduling, and other applicable historical data pulled from PeopleSoft
- Partnered with departmental leaders and the Epic project group to identify clinical and non-clinical practitioners with an interest appropriate skillset
- Identified and scheduled appropriate pre-requisite training sessions for each Super User